Skip to main content

One of my workspaces recently broke because FME can't read in the features from AGOL. I'm running Win 7 x64 and FME Beta Build 18198. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

When trying to inspect the AGOL feature layer, this is the error I receive:

ArcGIS Online Feature Service Reader: Requesting portal information

Updating access token for 'Daniel.Matranga Esri ArcGIS Online'

JSON Message: {"error":{"code":498,"error":"invalid_request","error_description":"refresh_token expired","message":"refresh_token expired","details":t]}}

JSON Error: JSONObjecte"error"] not a string.

Unable to update access token for 'Daniel.Matranga Esri ArcGIS Online'

Updating access token for 'Daniel.Matranga Esri ArcGIS Online'

JSON Message: {"error":{"code":498,"error":"invalid_request","error_description":"refresh_token expired","message":"refresh_token expired","details":o]}}

JSON Error: JSONObjectd"error"] not a string.

Unable to update access token for 'Daniel.Matranga Esri ArcGIS Online'

Python Exception <HTTPError>: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/portals/self?f=json&token;=mFrTCtBJ0dRkfmL1YoMsBK_PxQdQAY1qTADLSdkr_60oHGLclWOlWLbWfZnTRC4fHfunnCV2busZDdIVJTSQNa2wZ4-zI9r19Z_uAUpo2qhpX_PT2YsSu6fihbccgXq7eHkdw5sGA0c7Xrx8XlOrf3pIlQ26Ank2LuVmy2gDu2rDIGpEptDeERW0pGkv7eKzQkdMEZT02orXvk8Aq-tJEakmEW1wxiXLpm8K_LYWhx-Sy90tssJnEMm-4k2TZg9C

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Failed to obtain any schemas from reader 'ARCGISONLINEFEATURES' from 1 datasets. This may be due to invalid datasets or format accessibility issues due to licensing, dependencies, or module loading. See logfile for more information

UniversalReader -- readSchema resulted in 0 schema features being returned

Hi @dmatranga,

May I ask you to please try creating a fresh web connection to AGOL (something other than the existing Daniel.Matranga Esri ArcGIS Online one that currently exists), and then try that in the reader to see if this makes a difference? Have you run into this issue before with the AGOL reader?

Hi @dmatranga,

May I ask you to please try creating a fresh web connection to AGOL (something other than the existing Daniel.Matranga Esri ArcGIS Online one that currently exists), and then try that in the reader to see if this makes a difference? Have you run into this issue before with the AGOL reader?

Annabelle, I went to to Tools > Options > Web Connections and created a new connection to ArcGIS Online, authenticated via OAuth then saved the connection. Add Reader > Esri ArcGIS Online (AGOL) Feature Service > Parameters > Layer List and it's working now, thank you!

Annabelle, I went to to Tools > Options > Web Connections and created a new connection to ArcGIS Online, authenticated via OAuth then saved the connection. Add Reader > Esri ArcGIS Online (AGOL) Feature Service > Parameters > Layer List and it's working now, thank you!

Hi @dmatranga, that's great news! I'm glad you're back up and running!

We get something similar when we try to read, although we don't get a URL:

Python Exception <HTTPError>: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: 'A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Ideas on this one? Seemed kinda related.

Tried to re-upload the workspace and updated the credentials, and that seemed to help for maybe the first job after I uploaded it, but it's back to throwing this error.

Python Exception <HTTPError>: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: 'A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Tried to re-upload the workspace and updated the credentials, and that seemed to help for maybe the first job after I uploaded it, but it's back to throwing this error.

Check the best answer ;)

It is working for me too! Thanks!!

Check the best answer ;)

That's not a permanent fix to a bigger problem... Especially when you are running tasks on server (which would then require you to reauthenticate every x xinsert time period].

Hello,

I have a FME floating licence server.

I can't use it FME2018 with DirectAccess.

I have try this : https://knowledge.safe.com/idea/36924/fme-floating-licences-support-ipv6.html

but this does not work.

I have the error message :

2020-02-21 12:26:02 The FME license has failed, so FME will now attempt some diagnostics for the floating license
2020-02-21 12:26:02 Checking for a floating license file in the locations: "C:\applications\FME 2018\licenses\fme_license.dat" "C:\ProgramData\Safe Software\FME\Licenses\fme_license.dat" "C:\Users\USER\OneDrive\Documents\FME\Licenses\fme_license.dat" "C:\Users\USER\OneDrive\Documents\FME\Licenses\fme_license.dat"
2020-02-21 12:26:02 Found a floating license file: 'C:\ProgramData\Safe Software\FME\Licenses\fme_license.dat'
2020-02-21 12:26:02 Reading the floating license file: 'C:\ProgramData\Safe Software\FME\Licenses\fme_license.dat'
2020-02-21 12:26:02 License file specifies server # 1 as servername.domain (and port not specified)
2020-02-21 12:26:02 FME Licensing Assistant specified the server as servername.domain (and port not specified) so any existing license files will be ignored
2020-02-21 12:26:02 Checking for environment variables that may affect the connection to a floating license server
2020-02-21 12:26:02 Checking whether an IP address can be determined from the server
2020-02-21 12:26:02 Server servername.domain could not be resolved to an IP address. Please contact your systems administrator
2020-02-21 12:26:02 For floating license service troubleshooting help, visit http://fme.ly/FloatingLicenseHel

Could you help me please?

Thanks !

Ludovic.

I confirm that I have the same problem, few hours each time after recreating my AGOL connexion...

I opened a case with my resaler about this, I'll post an answer when I'll have one.

I've been working directly with support on this issue and they are working with one of the developers to try and figure this out. Yesterday when it happened on server, it somehow resolved itself after 20 minutes of failing jobs. I have a feeling it's something in the code how FME authenticates to ArcGIS Online. Hopefully it will get resolved soon.
I confirm that I have the same problem, few hours each time after recreating my AGOL connexion...

I opened a case with my resaler about this, I'll post an answer when I'll have one.

@philippeb have you heard more about this?

Any update on this one? Mildly annoying issue for sure!

Hi @dmatranga,

@AnnabelleAtSafe Any update on this one? Mildly annoying issue for sure

Hi!

It seems that we have to authorize ArcGIS Online on FME Server after creating the AGOL connection.

Even if the connection is published, because of ArcGIS Online security, it's not enough.

After publishing your AGOL connexion, in FME Server you'll have to go to Web Connections, click on the AGOL connection and authorize a second time the connection with your AGOL informations.

After that it should work indefinitely. Be aware that if you recreate your AGOL connection when republishing, you'll have to do this process once again.

It looks like it's working for me so far.

I'll let you know if I learn anything else.

Interestingly, one of our processes seems to only be showing this now on the hour every hour when it runs, however the other times it runs during the hour don't produce this message. It's very bizarre, but it sounded kinda like it might be an AGOL auth problem since it's flaky. Thoughts @AnnabelleAtSafe?

UPDATE: Yesterday we encountered this issue on one workspace with a specific AGOL user (with admin rights), however when we switched to a different AGOL user, it seemed to work just fine. This morning, we encountered another workspace, so I changed the user on that, and that also seemed to work. So, it seems like it might be an esri AGOL authentication issue.
UPDATE: Yesterday we encountered this issue on one workspace with a specific AGOL user (with admin rights), however when we switched to a different AGOL user, it seemed to work just fine. This morning, we encountered another workspace, so I changed the user on that, and that also seemed to work. So, it seems like it might be an esri AGOL authentication issue.
Have you checked into database connections in FME server?

Maybe if you recreate the connection over there for the user isn't working it would work after that.

@AnnabelleAtSafe Any update on this one? Mildly annoying issue for sure
Same question here, seems like the procedure needs to be repeated each time the error comes up, but the error log doesn't suggest that it is the problem

Same question here, seems like the procedure needs to be repeated each time the error comes up, but the error log doesn't suggest that it is the problem

This still occurs on 2018.1
@bruceharold

Do you have any insight into this? It appears like it's a bug with ArcGIS Online since it is able to get a token, and it happens randomly.

Update: We have opened a ticket with ESRI and SAFE after getting lots of 401's and other random errors relating to invalid tokens with ArcGIS Online URLs. SAFE's developers are working with ESRI to determine what side this is occurring on and ultimately how this issue can be resolved. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out more soon! FYSA @philippeb @mapper99 @xilef @dmatranga

Update: We have opened a ticket with ESRI and SAFE after getting lots of 401's and other random errors relating to invalid tokens with ArcGIS Online URLs. SAFE's developers are working with ESRI to determine what side this is occurring on and ultimately how this issue can be resolved. Hopefully we'll be able to figure out more soon! FYSA @philippeb @mapper99 @xilef @dmatranga

Happy to see that I'm not the only one getting invalid tokens from ArcGIS Online.

We've discovered recently that ArcGIS Online generates by himself new tokens for some Map Services after some weeks, making our FME scripts not operational.

So I think it's ESRI's fault, I can't imagine how FME could change the AGOL token, but it's a good thing they work both on this.

Thanks for the update and Merry Christmas to you!

Was this ever solved? We are having the same issue with Portal for ArcGIS Feature Service?

Was this ever solved? We are having the same issue with Portal for ArcGIS Feature Service?

Looks like it is fixed in the 2019 beta :)

Looks like it is fixed in the 2019 beta :)

Must have been this fix... Still working with SAFE on ArcGIS Online issues that we've been having.

ARCGISPORTALFEATURES: Fix KeyError with ArcGIS 10.6.1; better handling of access token expiry.

Still having this issue. Always having to right click the web connection and reauthenticate....then it works fine for a few weeks....but like others in this post said...the issue is then when you are doing this in scheduled tasks on servers...not very efficient ... and don't have access to prod! If anyone has some news on this let me know!