Skip to main content

While using the MongoDB3 Database connections to replace older MongoDB connection, I have this error log showing with the "Test..." button. This error also displays when a query is made on FME Desktop : the query works, features are correctly selected and used, but the error still exists without stopping the process.

MONGODB3 reader: EstablishFeatureDefn(): not authorized on MY_DB_NAME to execute command { find: "system.views", filter: {}, batchSize: 2000, limit: 2000, $db: "MY_DB_NAME", $readPreference: { mode: "primaryPreferred" }, lsid: { id: UUID("a797ca3f-a6d9-4739-aa15-e6c2c5f71a6b") } }: generic server error

My Mongo user is admin of the DB, I can't see why there is unauthorized action? Thanks for the info!

I use FME 2019.2.1.0 (20191202 - Build 19813 - WIN64)

Mongo version is 4.0.13

Hi @gvatin,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this. I'm not seeing this on my recent 4.0.12 version of MongoDB and FME Desktop 19823. I wonder if something has changed in 4.0.13 that is causing this. Have you been able to reproduce this at all in a newer version of FME Desktop?

What is your setup of MongoDB? The one I'm testing was created using a Rancher deployment.

If this is persisting for you, please open a case at www.safe.com/support (report a problem) and we can take this offline to resolve it or understand it more on your side. Thanks!

Hi @gvatin,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you on this.  I'm not seeing this on my recent 4.0.12 version of MongoDB and FME Desktop 19823.  I wonder if something has changed in 4.0.13 that is causing this.   Have you been able to reproduce this at all in a newer version of FME Desktop? 

What is your setup of MongoDB? The one I'm testing was created using a Rancher deployment.  

If this is persisting for you, please open a case at www.safe.com/support  (report a problem) and we can take this offline to resolve it or understand it more on your side.  Thanks!

Hi! I upgraded to 19823 like you, but did not change Mongo 4.0.13

We use ext4 system on a debian server for Mongo, we were thinking of passing to xfs, which seems to be better for Mongo.

The connection is still really long (~5min to see the collections of a DB), and there still is the error in the FME Desktop logs. This error displays in red (no warnings, real errors), but the connection is yet made on the collection.

Here is our configuration file, I hope you can find elements to have a similar environment:
# Where and how to store data.
storage:
  dbPath: /data/mongodb
  journal:
    enabled: true
#  engine:
#  mmapv1:
#  wiredTiger:

# where to write logging data.
systemLog:
  quiet: true
  destination: file