Skip to main content

So  i get this error:

FME Configuration: Source coordinate system for reader IFC_2eIFC] set to `IFC_COORDSYS_0' as read from input data

Coordinate System `IFC_COORDSYS_0' parameters: CS_NAME=`IFC_COORDSYS_0' DT_NAME=`WGS84' ORG_LAT=`42.41486358638889' ORG_LNG=`-71.25807189916667' PROJ=`AZMED' QUAD=`1' UNIT=`MILLIMETER' X_OFF=`0.0' Y_OFF=`0.0' 

Storing feature(s) to FME feature store file `C:\FOO\Bar\wb-xlate-1539634722829_3772_221844\inspector.ffs'

NormalVectorFinder_Walls_CoordinateExtractor_9(TestFactory): NormalVectorFinder_Walls_CoordinateExtractor_9: <index> parameter (84) to @Coordinate is out of range -- it must be an integer i such that -n <= i < n, where n is the number of vertices in the feature -- in this case 80

NormalVectorFinder_Walls_CoordinateExtractor_9: <index> parameter (84) to @Coordinate is out of range -- it must be an integer i such that -n <= i < n, where n is the number of vertices in the feature -- in this case 80

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

I am trying to use a vertices counter for getting the second to last coordinate from a IFMEBREPSOLID. The coordinate is picked with the arithmetic evaluator in a coordinate extractor.

0684Q00000ArBmaQAF.png

I have tried the explaniation in this question and also my own formulas:@sub(@NumCoords(FLATTEN_AGGREGATE),2) and @sub(@Value(_coordcount_normal_vector),2) .

I haven't been able to find anything else in the about the error so now I am posting this question. How can I count the number of coordinates (vertices) in a IFMEBREPSOLID corectly? And prefrebly get the second to last coordinate?

Edit: To clarify I want to use the attribute created by the VertexCounter to get the coordinate of the second to last coordinate in my geometry.

Hi @hadhafang, possibly the VertexCounter (equivalent to the @NumCoords function) could return a number greater than the number of actual vertices from a solid geometry. I don't know why, but you can use the CoordinateConcatenator to find what excessive coordinates are extracted.

A possible workaround is to use the CoordinateExtractor (Mode: All Coordinates) to extract all the coordinates as a list attribute and then get your desired one from the list.

Hi @hadhafang, possibly the VertexCounter (equivalent to the @NumCoords function) could return a number greater than the number of actual vertices from a solid geometry. I don't know why, but you can use the CoordinateConcatenator to find what excessive coordinates are extracted.

A possible workaround is to use the CoordinateExtractor (Mode: All Coordinates) to extract all the coordinates as a list attribute and then get your desired one from the list.

@takashi is right that the VertexCounter / CoordinateExtractor combo may not be safe to use with BRepSolids. I think a safer plan is the CoordinateExtractor, or a GeometryExtractor to get the data out into an attribute in a format you could then parse yourself.

But I should ask -- what problem you are looking to solve? Perhaps we could add a proper primitive so you'd not have to do this?

@takashi is right that the VertexCounter / CoordinateExtractor combo may not be safe to use with BRepSolids. I think a safer plan is the CoordinateExtractor, or a GeometryExtractor to get the data out into an attribute in a format you could then parse yourself.

But I should ask -- what problem you are looking to solve? Perhaps we could add a proper primitive so you'd not have to do this?

I am trying to convert an IFC file to a COLLADA file. Most of my problems seems to have to do with the IFCWallStandardCase entity.

For this particular I am using a a series of three coordinate extractor to create normal vectors to the wall. The normal vector are then to be used for filtering in accordans with the Level of Detail i want for the final object.

I tried using the transformer described in Convert complex IFC solid geometry to MultiSurface but since it crashes for a less clear reason i just moved on.

So I made this series of transformers. Seem the series of transformer I used as a template was from FME 2017 and didn't have the coordinate list option.

The attribute creator hover will now only return a null value i am unsure why.

@Value(_indices_normal{@sub(@Value(_nbr_indices),2}.x)

The value is coorect.