Skip to main content

( GDB to GDB )

I would like read the features LINE_A and copy their geometry and attributes and insert those into LINE_B feature class, then run it through my transformers before writing. Is there a way to do this?

Example

LINE_A has 2 features. Before my workspace is ran I would like to take those 2 features and insert them into the LINE_B feature class with any attributes that match the schema of both features, then run the workspace with those new features added.

So I'm keeping the 2 instances of LINE_A and just copying them into LINE_B feature class... then running those 2 new features through the workspace.

I looked into the workspace runner, but wasn't quite sure.

Hi,

Option 1:

Yes, you can write 2 work spaces ( one to copy and other to translation as required) and use workspacerunner in 3rd script and run both the scripts one by one.

Option 2:

If you are using latest version of FME then have a look at Feature writer...

http://docs.safe.com/fme/2016.1/html/FME_Desktop_D...

Later (in the same work space) you can add the output as reader and use featuremerger such that flow should continue after writing of step 1.

Hope it is clear

Hi @madwarren,

Why don't you just read LINE_A and push it through the transformers as required and then write to a new feature class called LINE_B? That way it's done in one workspace.

Regards,

I agre with Kam. Writing, workspacecalling or creating a merged featureclass is unnescessary.

Just read both classes and push trough the workspace. Dump redundant attributes if you must.

Hi @madwarren,

Why don't you just read LINE_A and push it through the transformers as required and then write to a new feature class called LINE_B? That way it's done in one workspace.

Regards,

Thanks @kam , I seem to over complicate what I intend to do sometimes.

I agre with Kam. Writing, workspacecalling or creating a merged featureclass is unnescessary.

Just read both classes and push trough the workspace. Dump redundant attributes if you must.

@gio thanks!

Hi,

Option 1:

Yes, you can write 2 work spaces ( one to copy and other to translation as required) and use workspacerunner in 3rd script and run both the scripts one by one.

Option 2:

If you are using latest version of FME then have a look at Feature writer...

http://docs.safe.com/fme/2016.1/html/FME_Desktop_D...

Later (in the same work space) you can add the output as reader and use featuremerger such that flow should continue after writing of step 1.

Hope it is clear

@pratap

thanks!