Skip to main content

Good morning,

I have uploaded a workbench to FME Cloud 2018 that has a GDB as a writer. I would like to download and view the GDB on my computer every time the FME Cloud job runs to see the changes. However, I do not think FME Cloud 2018 has the ability to download folders. I have tried the data download option, but that does not work for GDB.

I was thinking of utilizing the HTTP caller. Has anyone used the HTTP caller to pull files from FME Cloud?

Thanks!

David

Hi @david_prosack88,

As soon as you publish the workspace and register it with the Data Download service and select your GDB writer to be included in the download FME Server will automatically create a zip file of the folder that you can download via the returned data download link.

I think this is the easiest way to go about this.

Hope this helps.

Hi @david_prosack88,

As soon as you publish the workspace and register it with the Data Download service and select your GDB writer to be included in the download FME Server will automatically create a zip file of the folder that you can download via the returned data download link.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, @gerhardatsafe. I did try that, but maybe I did not select the GDB writer to be included with the data download service. I will try again.

Hi @david_prosack88,

Hope this helps.

Hi @gerhardatsafe,

I checked your suggestion and I am receiving this error code when running? Should the geodatabase writer be zipped?

Hi @gerhardatsafe,

I checked your suggestion and I am receiving this error code when running? Should the geodatabase writer be zipped?

I was able to get it to work by changing the table handling options to Insert/create if needed. Is it possible to use the fme_db_operation in a writer?

I was able to get it to work by changing the table handling options to Insert/create if needed. Is it possible to use the fme_db_operation in a writer?

As long as it is listed in the Feature Operation it is supported. The Feature Handling also needs to match your scenario (e.g. Create if Needed, if unsure whether the table exists already).