Skip to main content

If using the DGNV8 reader and choosing to Drop Complex Chains/Shapes is there any common attribute between features that originated from the same complex shape?

Hi @egomm,

The component lines from each chain will have a common value for the igds_chain_number attribute.

Hi @egomm,

The component lines from each chain will have a common value for the igds_chain_number attribute.

That doesn't appear to be the case for the feature I'm investigating - drop complex chains/shapes appears to split a single feature into many features but there are two different chain numbers amongst the output. I can't even find the feature in microstation so hard to say how it's actually made up.

That doesn't appear to be the case for the feature I'm investigating - drop complex chains/shapes appears to split a single feature into many features but there are two different chain numbers amongst the output. I can't even find the feature in microstation so hard to say how it's actually made up.

Hi @egomm,

If you would like to send me the Microstation file, I would be happy to have a look at it. You can send it to me directly at .

Hi @egomm,

If you would like to send me the Microstation file, I would be happy to have a look at it. You can send it to me directly at .

I can't share it unfortunately