Skip to main content

Ok, I've a gpx file that I see in the data inspector, I have a mapbox map in the background that I can see too. I want to save this out to a jpeg but it doesn't create any file so I tried saving dataset as a pdf. That works, except it only exports the gpx data, it doesn't include the background map. Is there a way to do this?

No, I do not believe the background map in the Data Inspector can be exported. Sorry. But it would make a great idea!

Hello @bernardsweeneyd,

I believe that you need to create a Workspace in FME Workbench to do this, and not Save Data As in FME Data Inspector.

Thanks,

Danilo

I have done similar in Workbench using a WMS source (wms reader), GPX reader and use the extent of the GPX points for setting up the size of the raster you want to produce.

Great in FME, may also be automated in QGIS and ArcGIS and probably others as well

You can do this in Data Inspector if you add the background map as a dataset (rather than as a background map)... For example, if I have a WMS background map (using a WMS reader), and I add it to inspector with a shapefile - in the same view - I can then save the data together as a PDF.