Question

Data Inspector 2023 can't read ArcGIS Pro FileGDB

• 10 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to use the Data Inspector to inspect data in a Pro-generated file geodatabase. I’d get these errors which prevents any dataset from coming in.

I’m on ArcGIS Pro 3.1.3.

Dialog window:

“Failed to open dataset
Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb) dataset ########### could not be opened as configured. See log window for details. 
Remove it from recent dataset list?

Log window:

An error occurred while attempting to open the table, feature class or relationship class 'Administrative_Lines'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147211773'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {The item does not have a definition.}
It could have failed to open because it contains ArcGIS Pro-only features, for example Arcade expressions. If this is the case, please install ArcGIS Pro or Pro-compatible ArcGIS Server and 64-bit FME. If already installed, set the Esri ArcGIS Compatibility setting for this workspace to 'Esri ArcGIS Pro' under Navigator -> Workspace Parameters -> Translation

From FME Form, I have the following settings already:

• Set Python Compatibility=Python 3.9+
  • Set Esri ArcGIS Compatibility=Esri ArcGIS Server/ArcGIS Pro
  • Translation python interpreter=Python 3.9+

I can add Esri Geodatabase (File Geodb) reader and work with data from it in Form, including inspecting it in the build-in inspector. I just want to use the full-fledged inspector for more data QC.

Thank you.

3 replies

“Administrative_Lines” - for context, the data in these FileGDBs contain the latest Esri’s parcel fabric data model and this is one of the feature classes from the model.

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Looking here - https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/feature-class-does-not-have-a-definition/td-p/1356168

and specifically these comments

I wonder if something similar is happening here and that inspector is not 64bit?

Might be worth opening a support case with Safe on this one

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @janet : would you mind sharing a small sample geodatabase to help us reproduce the issue?  If you’d prefer, feel free to submit a support case instead.