Skip to main content

Hello,

i have an issue with the convertion of shape polygon to autocad Mpolygon (with map-data)

The mpolygons are ok displayed by autocad map, but when they are opened with other CAD (briscad) programms some of them dissappear. It seems to have something to do with the loop direction of the mpolygon. Autocad is able to detect the incorrect polygons but not able to repair them. (audit the drawing, "incorrect loop direction")

When i import the mpolygons directly in autocad, this problem does not accur. So it has something to do with FME.

I have been looking for an attribute which could let me change this, but I have not found one. Is there a way in FME to get to change to the loop direction?

thanks in advance

Hi possibly the orientor is what you are looking for.

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/orientor.htm?Highlight=Orientator

That's interesting that the orientation isn't mentioned in our documentation and I don't see any reports of it in our developer database. I will query our developers to see what they say. Perhaps it is something we missed. Regardless, as itay says, the Orientor is the transformer to use.

That's interesting that the orientation isn't mentioned in our documentation and I don't see any reports of it in our developer database. I will query our developers to see what they say. Perhaps it is something we missed. Regardless, as itay says, the Orientor is the transformer to use.

Seems to be a known issue. It's reference number is PR#49813. We'll let you know if and when it is fixed. In the meantime, the Orienter should be a good workaround.