Skip to main content

I am having trouble converting the dwg/CAD file to a file geodatabase. I convert it to a shapefile; there is no problem. Any ideas whats going on?

This file a has plan layouts of a building. It shows floor plans for 3 different floors.

See attached file

Hi @13gamat,

May I please ask what the differences/issues are with the Geodatabase output versus the Shapefile output? What do you want to keep/retain from the DWG in the output that the Geodatabase Feature Class(es) are missing? Do you have a workspace you are currently working on that you might be able to share with us? The above information would be very helpful in addressing your question.

Hi Annabelle,

Thank you for your email. It worked. My geodatabase file is good to go. I have to now define the domains of the geodatabase. I will keep you informed.

On a different note, can you provide me two to three points as justification of why FME DWG/CAD conversion tool is simply the best in the industry! ( at least I think so)

I love it but I need to convince my clients. I want to put that in the proposal.

Thanks

Appreciate all your help.

Hi Annabelle,

Thank you for your email. It worked. My geodatabase file is good to go. I have to now define the domains of the geodatabase. I will keep you informed.

On a different note, can you provide me two to three points as justification of why FME DWG/CAD conversion tool is simply the best in the industry! ( at least I think so)

I love it but I need to convince my clients. I want to put that in the proposal.

Thanks

Appreciate all your help.

Hi @13gamat,

I'm happy to hear you have your desired workflow up and running! To assist others who may experience a similar issue, would you be able to shed some insight/share your resolution with the community? I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated!

In terms of demonstrations and more information on FME as a conversion tool for DWG to Geodatabase/GIS, I think this page would be a great starting point : https://www.safe.com/solutions/for-data-types/cad-to-gis/