Skip to main content

Hi @13gamat, FME currently does not support reading PDF files. You can vote for the idea to support it here .

The idea does have a link to a custom transformer which may help you: PDF2TextReader

EDIT: FME 2018 supports reading PDF.

Thanks, TiaAtSafe

Hi @13gamat, FME currently does not support reading PDF files. You can vote for the idea to support it here .

The idea does have a link to a custom transformer which may help you: PDF2TextReader

EDIT: FME 2018 supports reading PDF.

So I have downloaded this PDF2TextReader. I still can't get it into FME.

I don't understand.

Thanks, TiaAtSafe

I downloaded like you said. I still cannot use the reader in FME. This pdf2text how do I use it in FME. It is only a transformer. I still cannot read my pdf file.

i downloaded the pdftotext exe. I ran it. It added a transformer to FME called pdf2TEXt. But I still need to read my pdf file first. How do that.?

Hi @13gamat the PDF2TextReader does not need a reader attached to it. If you open up the parameters of the transformer you should be seeing the below. You will need to specify the location of the .exe you downloaded and the location of the PDF files you want to read.

If you right click on the Custom Transformer check out the help documentation on it. It has a few tips on how to use it.