Skip to main content

Dear All,

I have an issue while using Dissolver and Aggregator I get multiarea of 5 polygons, which look merged in the Inspector. But when writing to PostGIS, aggregated geometry is split again into separate polygons. PostGIS is accepting only polygons as geometry. I know that if the PostGIS accepts only single polygon, but writer attempts to load a collection, then a collection will be split. The question is if there's a way to aggregate multiple polygons into one without collection. Single polygon needed only to set the extent of the layer, so envelope like feature will do as well.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

You can use the Deaggregator to split aggregate polygons. However, according to the docs PostGIS should support aggregates so I'm really curious about those polygons. Any chance you can post a sample here?

You can use the Deaggregator to split aggregate polygons. However, according to the docs PostGIS should support aggregates so I'm really curious about those polygons. Any chance you can post a sample here?

It might has to do with the geometry settings in PostGIS. There is a seperate geometry type for multipolygon. Maybe the issue lies in there.