Skip to main content

Hi,

I want to access the property sets a of a dwg in FME.

I enabled the 'Civil 3D and CAD Entities' option in the Schema Mode of the Civil 3D Reader.

When i attach an inspector to the reader, I get a fatal error.

AutoCAD Reader: An error occurred for dataset 'C:\\Users\\wisbeja\\Documents\\AWV\\FME voor dataconversie DAVIE\\voorbeeld data\\DWG solid and prop set\\small_test.dwg', in function AutoCAD2004Reader::read. Exception thrown: 'Invalid ResBuf' (Invalid ResBuf)

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

dwg file is attached.

When I read the dwg with a dxf/dwg reader the inspector works. But I guess I am not able to access the property sets with this reader.

Any suggestions?

Jasper

Anybody knows how to solve this Invalid ResBuf issue?

FME can't handle properties of type List (choose value from a drop down list).

After removing all properties with type = List in the property set definition, FME was able to read the file.

Unfortunately, for my case, these are very interesting properties.

After removing all properties with type = List in the property set definition, FME was able to read the file.

hi @jasperwis, thank you for sharing, that's a bummer indeed...

Thanks for reporting this @jasperwis, we are currently looking into this issue and tracking it in our system as: FMEENGINE-62576 - @becchr if you would like to be notified by email when this is resolved, please submit a case via the report a problem web form and reference the issue number mentioned above.

Hi @jasperwis and @becchr,

Just wanted to let you know that the fix for this issue has now been released in the latest official release of FME (build 19822+). Please not that this fix has also been implemented in the latest beta (build 20174+) as well.

You can get the installer for the latest official release and beta at: https://www.safe.com/downloads

Thank you again for reporting this and for your patience while our team worked to resolve this issue!

Hi @jasperwis and @becchr,

Just wanted to let you know that the fix for this issue has now been released in the latest official release of FME (build 19822+). Please not that this fix has also been implemented in the latest beta (build 20174+) as well.

You can get the installer for the latest official release and beta at: https://www.safe.com/downloads

Thank you again for reporting this and for your patience while our team worked to resolve this issue!

Great news.

Works perfectly in 2019.2 latest release. Properties with values from choice lists are read correctly.

Not working in 2020 beta. Instant crash when adding a C3D DWG reader.

Looking forward to a fix for the other related issue, about C3D properties based on formulas that are not being read.

Great news.

Works perfectly in 2019.2 latest release. Properties with values from choice lists are read correctly.

Not working in 2020 beta. Instant crash when adding a C3D DWG reader.

Looking forward to a fix for the other related issue, about C3D properties based on formulas that are not being read.

Hi @jasperwis,

Would you be able to share the Windows Crash Event from the Event Viewer, under Windows Logs > Applications? It'd be helpful to see what the faulting dll is and what's crashing. I'll give it a try on my end and let you know if I can reproduce the crash for the 2020 beta, thanks for letting us know!

**Update: I checked in with our development team and they think it's related to a known issue that relates to the Civil3D format (FMEENGINE-62938) that's in the works and nearly ready to be released. Please look out for FME 2020 build 20177+ and give it a try when it's available to see if that resolves the issue for you and let us know here. Thanks!