Skip to main content

Hi,

I wanted to make Cesium 3d tiles in FME.

My source model is textured collada (open collada from 3dsmax).Fme is producing 3d tile files, but in cesium i have problems rendering them.

it gave me errors like so:

when i'm creating cesium3d tile file in FME with .OBJ source model its just fine (besides materials):

but the goal for me is to produce 3d tile from collada wich i believe would give

better anti-aliasing/mipmap result in cesium, what is main problem(as seen on screen above).

1. Does anyone knows how to export proper Cesium 3d tile (b3dm) using Collada as reader?

2. Does anyknow knows how to get proper antialiasing/mipmapping settings in cesium with 3d tiles(b3dm) using OBJ/DAE as reader in fme?

Thank you in advance!

Hi @robert.li, thank you for your question. Would it be possible for you to provide some sample collada data so we can take a closer look at it? Thanks!

Hello @alyssaatsafe thank you for reply.

so now the problem is only question no.2:

if we can achieve some better materials out of 3dtile in cesium???

i need to look to editing/adding normals in fme parameters, but the mipmapping stays the issue here.

Hi @robert.li, thank you for your question. Would it be possible for you to provide some sample collada data so we can take a closer look at it? Thanks!

So i also have respond from Cesium technics:

". The material in the glTF version correctly defines this mipmap option, which makes it appear correctly when the camera is zoomed from afar (they should look identical when zoomed very close). The 3D Tiles version does not set this option. I'm looking into what it would take to update our tiling pipeline on Cesium ion to do this. Otherwise, if you're using FME to generate 3D Tiles, this would be something they can fix on their end as well. "

Is there anythinge you can do about this ?

So i also have respond from Cesium technics:

". The material in the glTF version correctly defines this mipmap option, which makes it appear correctly when the camera is zoomed from afar (they should look identical when zoomed very close). The 3D Tiles version does not set this option. I'm looking into what it would take to update our tiling pipeline on Cesium ion to do this. Otherwise, if you're using FME to generate 3D Tiles, this would be something they can fix on their end as well. "

Is there anythinge you can do about this ?

Hi @robert.li, thank you for sharing the information! Unfortunately I don't seem to find a way to adjust the settings in the writer to achieve a better result. Would you be open to post this as an idea on our Ideas page? Please feel free to link back to this question if you like. Thank you!