Skip to main content

I am a new user to FME, I followed the Revit to Sketchup tutorial, but I am getting an error

ISO10303-21: Unknown entity or type name 'ÐÏ'.

ISO10303-21: Invalid file format, unable to continue reading

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Translation FAILED with 3 error(s) and 0 warning(s) (0 feature(s) output)

Not sure the path forward, I cannot see any similar issues, and the tutorial does not address something like this.

Thanks

Hi @elmeromero,

Are you getting those errors when running the FME Exporter or the FME workspace? If they are in the FME Exporter, please try using Revit's built-in IFC export instead. The workspace can read IFC files as well as the RVZ files produced by the FME Exporter.

Hi @elmeromero,

Are you getting those errors when running the FME Exporter or the FME workspace? If they are in the FME Exporter, please try using Revit's built-in IFC export instead. The workspace can read IFC files as well as the RVZ files produced by the FME Exporter.

FME workspace, I do not have access to Revit.

I downloaded a BIM model from a vendor that I could not find elsewhere in another format, only RFA.

Thank you

Hi @elmeromero,

FME currently requires the user to use the FME Exporter within Revit to export an RVZ file, which is then read by FME's Revit reader. The Revit reader can also read an IFC file if that is available.

An RFA file is a Revit Family Library, which is a repository of re-usable Revit components. This file cannot be presently be read by FME.

However, we are working hard on a direct Revit reader for FME 2019. This should be able to read both the standard Revit .rvt files and .rfa libraries. I will notify you as soon as this capability is available in a beta version.

Hi @elmeromero,

FME currently requires the user to use the FME Exporter within Revit to export an RVZ file, which is then read by FME's Revit reader. The Revit reader can also read an IFC file if that is available.

An RFA file is a Revit Family Library, which is a repository of re-usable Revit components. This file cannot be presently be read by FME.

However, we are working hard on a direct Revit reader for FME 2019. This should be able to read both the standard Revit .rvt files and .rfa libraries. I will notify you as soon as this capability is available in a beta version.

@daveatsafe, the native Revit reader in the current 2019 RC doesn't recognise RFA files. Should I log a separate request to add them, or is this enough of a nudge?!

@daveatsafe, the native Revit reader in the current 2019 RC doesn't recognise RFA files. Should I log a separate request to add them, or is this enough of a nudge?!

Hi @rollo. I posted an idea on your behalf: https://knowledge.safe.com/idea/89463/add-support-for-rfa-files-in-revit-reader.html?

It would be much appreciated if you could add some details on your use case in a comment, and give your vote there. Thank you!