Skip to main content

Hi, when adding attributes to the SpatiaLite Writer, FME converts them to lowercase. However, my output needs to be in camelCase. Any ideas how to solve this? Should I raise an Idea in the Community, or is it just me?

I found this track on underscores: https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080hThDSAU/-in-fieldname-change-to-underscore-how-to-solve

SQLite and GeoPackage (which is in fact a SQLite implementation) do not have this behaviour in FME.

Hi @Jelle De Zwaef​,

It looks like this issue has been noted in the past tracked internally (FMEENGINE-60521) as an enhancement to allow for writing tables with upper or mixed case attribute names. There doesn't seem to be a timeline on it yet so it may be worth adding a new Idea to upvote to inform our product development team of your interest. I'll let you know as soon as the issue has been addressed. Is the SQLite writer a potential workaround for you in the meantime?

Hi @Jelle De Zwaef​,

It looks like this issue has been noted in the past tracked internally (FMEENGINE-60521) as an enhancement to allow for writing tables with upper or mixed case attribute names. There doesn't seem to be a timeline on it yet so it may be worth adding a new Idea to upvote to inform our product development team of your interest. I'll let you know as soon as the issue has been addressed. Is the SQLite writer a potential workaround for you in the meantime?

Hi @jovitaatsafe​, thank you for your answer. I currently switched to GeoPackage as a workaround. I'll post an Idea, mentioning the track number.