Skip to main content
Hi. I am trying to batch processs for the first time.

I want to do a batch run translating a few hundred shape file segments into DWG, but my batching does not work with the DWG writers, it stops after translating the first shape file. The batch deploy works fine if I replace the cad writers with a shape writer, it outputs several shapefiles with the transformer attributes. I have merged the feature types using a * wildcard in the reader.

Even if I remove all transformers from the workspace the DWG writer batch also fails, it just outputs the first file and then stops.

If I load the workspace in the quick translator it doesn’t give me an option to output files into separate directories, I can only find this option for translations created from scratch in the quick translator?

From some other unrelated map files I tested, batch deploy works shape -> DWG and shape -> shape without any problems but not shape -> DWG (even going backwards with the same dataset).

Hi,

You can set dataset fanout parameter in the navigator panel under advanced.

Look in navigator panel where your ACAD writer is, under parameters (green) and then advanced.

You can also set fanout on the writer in the workbench itself, but this works on the feature_type.

Dataset => ACAD file.

Feature_type => Acad layer(s)

You can link inoutfilenames tof the shapefiles to outputfilenames of the ACAD writer this way.

Or script or otherwise construct the output dataset fanout (and featuretype if needed)

If you expose fme_feature_type on the shapereader, you can set autocad fanout to this attribute. That wil give you one dwg for each shapefile.

..and more is possible..etc.