Skip to main content

Hello,

Is it possible to automate the backup of ArcGIS Online feature services and associated relationship class(es) within AGOL with FME?

I have a current workflow that backs AGOL data both within AGOL and locally as a file gdb; however, the relationship class is never replicated in either backup. I understand for file gdb's that "Relationship classes cannot be created through FME and must be set up through ArcGIS prior to running the translation." However, I was wondering about the AGOL backup data. Any way to retain that relationship class using FME when backing up (writing to) AGOL?

You can use a template database (either an empty database or an XML template of the database) with the relationship class already defined.

You can also download a replica database using the REST API and an HTTPCaller.

If you have ArcGIS on the FME machine you can recreate the relationship class with a shutdown script, the pattern is described here:

https://community.esri.com/community/open-platform-standards-and-interoperability/blog/2019/03/21/using-arcgis-pros-python-environment-in-etl-tools

If you have ArcGIS on the FME machine you can recreate the relationship class with a shutdown script, the pattern is described here:

https://community.esri.com/community/open-platform-standards-and-interoperability/blog/2019/03/21/using-arcgis-pros-python-environment-in-etl-tools

Hello...I'm struggling with the python syntax for the FME shutdown script as I'm primarily interested in creating the relationship class for the hosted feature backup data in AGOL. I've backed up Survey 123 data with repeats in AGOL using FME. Trying to create a relationship class for that backed-up data in AGOL is proving problematic. Thanks.

Tony

Hello...I'm struggling with the python syntax for the FME shutdown script as I'm primarily interested in creating the relationship class for the hosted feature backup data in AGOL. I've backed up Survey 123 data with repeats in AGOL using FME. Trying to create a relationship class for that backed-up data in AGOL is proving problematic. Thanks.

Tony

Hi, you'll need to write to File GDB, use the shutdown script to create the relationship(s) in File GDB then zip and upload the File GDB to AGOL.