Skip to main content

Hi!

I have a question regarding ArcGIS Online Readers in FME (2017.1.2). I set up a connection to an existing feature service and created the feature types of the reader. After that, the name of the service (but not its schema or configuration) was changed through the AGOL web site. Since FME cannot find the source anymore, I wanted to change the value of the parameter 'Feature Service'. However, this does not seem to be possible. Neither through published parameters nor the Navigator entry itself.

Or there a specific reason for that? Or might it be a bug? What I would expect is the same behaviour as e.g. for a File GDB (change path / change path and update feature types if schema has changed).

Greetings,

André

Hi @andr_,

I think I see what you mean, Are you trying to manually type in the new name eg below?

This looks like a bug to me - I think this should be either greyed out or editable. I will file a problem report on this. Thanks for sharing your finding with us. It's very much appreciated!

You should still be able to update this by 'Updating Feature Types' in the Reader menu in Workbench. I was successful here in this way. Please let us know if that doesn't work or isn't an option here

Hi @andr_,

I think I see what you mean, Are you trying to manually type in the new name eg below?

This looks like a bug to me - I think this should be either greyed out or editable. I will file a problem report on this. Thanks for sharing your finding with us. It's very much appreciated!

You should still be able to update this by 'Updating Feature Types' in the Reader menu in Workbench. I was successful here in this way. Please let us know if that doesn't work or isn't an option here
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the quick answer! It would be helpful to know whether this is supposed to be greyed out (= changing the source of a AGOL service is not possible) or editable (= will work soon).

Do you mean that it is possible to republish the service with a changed schema but same name and then update the feature types in FME? I also think that this works. However, it does not help to update the feature types with the renamed, new feature service to change the data source of the existing AGOL reader, right?

Greetings,

André

I just saw that it works with the FeatureReader! It is possible to link the setting "Feature Service" with an existing parameter (interestingly, there is no 'create parameter' option).

I quickly tested it and it seems to work - even with the "one per feature type" output option. Thus I will use the FeatureReader instead.