Skip to main content
Hi,

I cann't use the Adobe Geospatial PDF writer to output Chinese or Japanese text.

I have tried modify my font file's name and it's name show in FME's font window to non-Chinese;

also flow the help's instruction to modify the fme_text_string to rich format, like "你好", and set the parameter of Writer "Text in Rich Text Format" to yes.

But both failed.

If you can output some special non-English characters to PDF?

Thanks
Hi,

Currently the PDFStyler and the PDF writer (and some other transformers treating fonts) do not support non-standard fonts in Windows English edition. I reported it to Safe support a few months ago, they have acknowledged it's an outstanding issue on FME internationalization.

I strongly hope that it will be resolved in the near future.

Takashi
Hi Takashi,

I could use the TextStroke to deal with Chinese if I modify the font's filename and the really font name to english. I thought it's same with PDF. I was wrong.

Thank you.
Hi,

have you  tried this: <body><p style="font-family: Times New Roman">This is a font.</p></body> ?

Hi Bjarne,

It doesn't work.
Hi Endest,

I had a similar problem, but iit worked for me this way:
  1. Adobe Geospatial PDF, Writer "Text in Rich Text Format" to yes.
  2. Put the font in the same folder as the workspace.
  3. creator, text, coordinates 0,0: 

<body><p style="font-family: Times New Roman">This is a font.</p></body>
  4. The font is embedded to the pdf, and text is written correctly. 

Hi Bjarne,

I do as your way with FME 2015 Build 15530 x86, but faild to output Chinese text string.

I wanna know which language you test and which FME edtion you use?

Thanks

Hi,

I´om encountering the same problem with the latest release (build 17494). Could somebody please verify that it´s still an open issue? I´m using the fonttype "4000" (providede by one of our graphic designers) and it should be compatible with windows. Still FME (PDFwriter) won´t allow me to use the font (actually it wont allow me to use any font...)

Best regards,

Christian