Skip to main content

Hi,

I am trying to add a timestamp to a file, which is being written using feature writer. The workbench is on a shared data directory with a Flow Environment.
I have seen other options of using fanout option but seems like they are limited to writers only.
I just need a simple timestamp on my text-file when its written so that I can keep records of what is being written.

I also have made a timestamp attribute using DateTimeStamper and DateTimeConvertor but don't know how to add that to the file name.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thank you

Multiple ways to do this, I prefer to use a scripted python parameter, and use that in the dataset.

import datetime 

return datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%Y_%m_%d__%H_%M_%S")

Multiple ways to do this, I prefer to use a scripted python parameter, and use that in the dataset.

import datetime  return datetime.datetime.now().strftime("%Y_%m_%d__%H_%M_%S")

Well I believe this will work, Thank you.
Now a new problem arises that how can My e-mailer picks up the latest file from records, sorry for the sub question!

Now a new problem arises that how can My e-mailer picks up the latest file from records, sorry for the sub question!

The path to the file is in the _dataset attribute in the feature from the FeatureWriter Summary outputport.

The path to the file is in the _dataset attribute in the feature from the FeatureWriter Summary outputport.

Thank you, I will plug the same path in attachments of e-mailer. Hopefully will work!