Question

Using FME Form with ArcGIS Geoevent Server

• 18 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

I am using ArcGIS GeoEvent Server 10.6.1 and FME Form 2021.

In FME Form, is there a way to either reset the statistics in GeoEvent Server or notify me via an email when the Count reaches a certain number? For example, in GeoEvent Server, there is a Count column. I would like an email sent to me when the Count reaches 1,200,000. Currently, GeoEvent Server does not have a way to notify a user if the Count reaches a certain number. I was wondering if there is a way to do this in FME Form?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Is it possible to communicate via GeoEvent Server via an API? (I’m quite sure this is possible.) Then you can use a HTTPCaller to do this.

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Thanks, @nielsgerrits, I already have a workspace running that sends me an email when the date in the output does not match the current date. It reads from the REST url. This tells me that the GeoEvent Service has stopped reading inputs (meaning the Count has stopped), The Count seems to stop at 1,287,000; at which point I need to log into GeoEvent Server and choose Reset Statistics. I have looked all around inside GeoEvent Server and cannot find a way to “auto-reset” Reset Statistics when it reaches a certain number either exporting the log file as a csv, or using the log json file and configuring the GeoEvent Logger App which is included and exports log files to a csv; None of these options include the Count.