Skip to main content

Hello,

I've tried to set up everything that FME Knowledge offers. Still I can't seem to configure my gmail account to trigger an automation on incoming mail.

I've tried configuring 2-step verification and/or sign in from less secure app.

Message in log of automation is:

Failed to connect to email server. Please check IMAP settings and insure IMAP is enabled for the email account. Error message: null

IMAP settings are good and IMAP is enabled for my account.

Has anyone had a similar problem that you managed to solve?

I'm using FME Server 2019.

Hi @zzupljanin​: I'm sorry about this! Sounds like you've combed the Knowledge Base already, but want to ensure that you've checked out this article: Gmail Authentication Error: Receiving or Sending Email in FME Server?

There was also issue detected in where the IMAP publisher fails when it is configured with a subject filter and it receives an email with no subject. This has since been resolved in FME 2020 (b20140+). I confirmed with our dev team that this issue appears in FME 2019. Does this sound like it might apply to your issue... are you sending an email without a subject?

(internal reference FMESERVER-13929)

Hi @zzupljanin​: I'm sorry about this! Sounds like you've combed the Knowledge Base already, but want to ensure that you've checked out this article: Gmail Authentication Error: Receiving or Sending Email in FME Server?

There was also issue detected in where the IMAP publisher fails when it is configured with a subject filter and it receives an email with no subject. This has since been resolved in FME 2020 (b20140+). I confirmed with our dev team that this issue appears in FME 2019. Does this sound like it might apply to your issue... are you sending an email without a subject?

(internal reference FMESERVER-13929)

Hello,

yes I went through above mentioned link.

And yes I'm sending an e-mail with subject.