Solved

Have Errors in FME Flow Log File show up in Email

• 15 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

Greetings, 

I created an Automation and when one of the workspaces fail I would like to receive an email that includes in the body the actual text of the error(s) as shown in the screenshot below, not necessarily that format, but at least the text.

In the Email (External Action), I added these keys, but when the workspace got an error, I received the vague and cryptic text here in the email body:

Error Message: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Error Type: DeadLetter

Job Status: FME_FAILURE

Job Status Message: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

I would assume that “Error Message” would include something like what is seen in the screenshot.

Any ideas how the log file errors can be added to the email body?

icon

Best answer by hkingsbury 18 March 2024, 00:54

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Often those messages will come out of the <rejected> under a new attribute. You could also investigate the LogMessageStreamer and see if that will do what you’re needing to do

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME-Form-Documentation/FME-Transformers/Transformers/logmessagestreamer.htm

Userlevel 1
Badge +15

@hkingsbury I decided it was easier to use the _error attribute in the rejected port of the FTPCaller. I added that to the Emailer and all is good. Thanks again for your assistance.