Skip to main content

I have an almost identical setup for a different source file type (xml) and that works perfectly, specifically the automation says it ran successfully, the jobs run as they should, and the files are moved and renamed.

I can manually trigger the workbench in automations by adding the manual trigger and it performs correctly.

I tried separating that one workspace into a different automation that is triggered by a topic at the end of the first one, that doesn't work.

I can test the topic trigger and that makes the automation and workbench run, and things work correctly.

It seems I can only get it to work by triggering things manually.

It works fine on desktop.

The paths are all UNC.

I've experimented with adding the path to resources and referring to the location using that.

When things don't work, there is no error and no relevant warnings.

Thanks for any ideas.

FME Server 2022.1.3

Build 22630 - win64

Desktop Client is also 2022.1.3

This is probably a permissions issue. The account running server might not be allowed to modify folders created by someone else.

This is probably a permissions issue. The account running server might not be allowed to modify folders created by someone else.

The same server account is completing a similar process to folders with identical/similar permissions. Confirmed that I can make the process run FROM server by either manually triggering it via an isolated automation and I can trigger it with a classic notification.

I think given that the workbench can be made to work with a manual trigger from the server eliminates the possibility that permissions could be preventing anything.

Hi @jeffreymc​ ,

Can you test by adding some Loggers to the workspaces in FME Workbench to see what the file path is read in? Then republish the workspace to FME Server and run the automation. In the job log, can you find the FileCopy transformer and see what it's logging or attempting to read?

Another thing to consider is are there any spaces in the file path? There have been issues in the past with spaces in file names/file paths that cause the FileCopier to read the source dataset wrong.

Hope this helps,

Kezia

Hi @jeffreymc​ ,

Can you test by adding some Loggers to the workspaces in FME Workbench to see what the file path is read in? Then republish the workspace to FME Server and run the automation. In the job log, can you find the FileCopy transformer and see what it's logging or attempting to read?

Another thing to consider is are there any spaces in the file path? There have been issues in the past with spaces in file names/file paths that cause the FileCopier to read the source dataset wrong.

Hope this helps,

Kezia

Thank you for these suggestions, unfortunately I think my post may have left some facts unclear.

1. The workbench runs perfectly on desktop so the paths are correct.
  2. The job runs correctly from server when it is triggered manually.

Spaces in the path have been eliminated.

There doesn't seem to be a problem with permissions or pathing or the job wouldn't be able to run properly when manually triggered.

Permissions and path issues should be ruled out because the job completes successfully with a manual trigger on the automation or by triggering a test topic, and in those cases the files are moved and renamed correctly.

So I think we've proven that FME server can read and write to those locations, and that the move/rename logic is correct based on these tests.

If you disagree with my conclusion based on that evidence, I'm happy to investigate that further, I just wanted to make sure that I've been clear about the current circumstances.

Thank you very much for your suggestions,

Jeff