Question

FME WorkBench - Engine limit

• 16 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +6

We are hitting our 8 concurrent license limit with desktop. We use cmnd line and a PERL wrapper with our scheduling tool to run batch jobs. From what we read we are limited to 8 per engine, even if we were to buy additional concurrent Workbench licenses.

So, that means FME server would be the only other option?

Is it called FME flow now?

Seems like a pretty big install. All we need is the server and the server cmnd line for a quick fix.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Yes, it's called FME Flow now. Install-wise it can be a big one indeed but the Express Installation usually takes about 10-15 minutes so that's not too bad.

I do recommend that you reach out to your FME partner or Safe directly to see what licensing options you have available

Badge +6

Thanks, yeah I created a Case, which was closed right away with a referral to Sales. No contact.

My boss also reached out to our Sales rep and this is the status of that request.

"Our account rep is out of the office through the rest of the month...sent a license inquiry on Monday.  So, then I also forwarded to a generic email box.  I haven't heard back yet"

I expect better support from Sales, than this. This is a PROD issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @jbradfor​: I'm sorry about the delay in getting you help. In case you haven't yet been contacted by an account manager, I've informed our team about this and they should reach out to you shortly. We'll do our best to determine where we can improve our process here.

Ok got it.