Skip to main content
Question

Fme flow - pointing to old server

• 21 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi - 

We recently set up a new server for fmeflow for a test environment. As the jobs are running, fme flow is opening source files like csv files or trying to create a new directory on the old server. The old server has the FME services turned off but it still seems like it’s reading from the old server with the old server folder path for the source location. The path of the source file is in the Resources on the new server. I’m afraid once we shutdown the old server completely, the new server with fmeflow is going to fail all the jobs. 

Is there a setting to change to the new server for all the path locations in Resources or something? 

Thanks,

Eva

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +39

Couple of questions…

Did you do a fresh install of FME Flow on the new server? Express or distributed install?

Did you copy any configuration files?

Did you setup a fresh database?

Have you updated any fixed paths in your workbenches to point to the new machine?

@hkingsbury  - Yes fresh install on the new server, express install. I didn’t copy any configuration files, started fresh. Yes, fresh database as well. Any source or target files that we need to use for the workspaces on FMEflow is in the Resources location. 

In a completed job log, there is a “FME Configuration: Command line arguments” usually on line 22. Where do the parameters from that line come from? I have a feeling it has something to do with that because some of those are pointing towards the older server too. How do I change it? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +40

Probably some (Feature)Readers and (Feature)Writers are pointing to your old server.

Userlevel 6
Badge +39

@hkingsbury  - Yes fresh install on the new server, express install. I didn’t copy any configuration files, started fresh. Yes, fresh database as well. Any source or target files that we need to use for the workspaces on FMEflow is in the Resources location. 

In a completed job log, there is a “FME Configuration: Command line arguments” usually on line 22. Where do the parameters from that line come from? I have a feeling it has something to do with that because some of those are pointing towards the older server too. How do I change it? 

They can come from a variety of places. Have you made sure all automations, schedules, webapps are pointing to the new location? Along with any (feature) reader/writers as per
@geomancers comment

No there aren’t any. I checked that. We did do a backup from the old fme server and restored on the new fmeflow. Could that cause anything looking at the old server still with the Resources? 

The file path locations for workspaces, automations, or schedules all point to the Resources in FMEFlow like "$(Trading)/SourceFiles/PriceOver.csv". $(Trading) being the parameter for Resources\Trading\SourceFiles folders. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +39

No there aren’t any. I checked that. We did do a backup from the old fme server and restored on the new fmeflow. Could that cause anything looking at the old server still with the Resources? 

The file path locations for workspaces, automations, or schedules all point to the Resources in FMEFlow like "$(Trading)/SourceFiles/PriceOver.csv". $(Trading) being the parameter for Resources\Trading\SourceFiles folders. 

If you restored from a backup, then yes, anything restored will still have the old paths. This has the list of everything backed uo - https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME-Flow/WebUI/Backup-Restore.htm

Do you have any non default resources? Its likely they could be pointing to the wrong location