Skip to main content

We have 3 automations that run in parallel (with a slight time offset) and each is identical but runs workbench(1) workbench(2) and workbench(3)  so they can run without clashing.

One of the parameters for these is a gdb connection file reference which is stored in Resources...Data. However to load this from a workbench we have either no value or a local file path in this parameter and this is edited in the automation to reference the resource file.

Periodically one of these automations (not always the same one) will start to fail because when I look the parameter has reset to the default value. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to this. The last one to fail was number 3 so today I’ve tried to recreate that automation from scratch. What i really need is a guaranteed fix for this so it doesn’t happen when we go to production. We are processing a large queue of data and in production need all 3 streams to be active.

thanks
Rob

Hi @rob_m_esriuk,

Could you tell me what build and version of FME Flow you’re currently using? Could you go into more detail/by exactly what you mean when you say that you have no value/local file path for the gdb connection file (screenshots would be much appreciated?

Are these particularly complex/large automations? One thing you can try is to go to your fmeFlowConfig.txt located in <FMEFlowDir>\Server\ and update the MAX_TRANSACTION_RESULT_SUCCESSES and MAX_TRANSACTION_RESULT_FAILURES to 1 and restart FME Flow. This will have your engines restart after every job which may help if this issue is being caused by engine caching issues.  

I get this as well and have for the last couple of years (over multiple builds), but I spent a lot of time looking into it without coming up with how to replicate (Safe couldn’t replicate) in November 2022 (request C684074). What I can say is that I could identify it to a certain point. If I stopped an automation and changed a value and then saved it, on occasions, the automation would not send a payload with the values back to the server (which meant it went back to default paramaters). I do believe it is a issue with the javascript because the content is not being sent back, so it isn’t the api or anything to do with core/engines.

We have 3 automations that run in parallel (with a slight time offset) and each is identical but runs workbench(1) workbench(2) and workbench(3)  so they can run without clashing.

One of the parameters for these is a gdb connection file reference which is stored in Resources...Data. However to load this from a workbench we have either no value or a local file path in this parameter and this is edited in the automation to reference the resource file.

Periodically one of these automations (not always the same one) will start to fail because when I look the parameter has reset to the default value. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to this. The last one to fail was number 3 so today I’ve tried to recreate that automation from scratch. What i really need is a guaranteed fix for this so it doesn’t happen when we go to production. We are processing a large queue of data and in production need all 3 streams to be active.

thanks
Rob

FME Server 2022.1.2
Build 22627 - win64

Sent you a PM