Skip to main content

I need to be able to trigger a collection of workbenches to run (preferably in parallel) using and HTTP GET request. I need to be able to pass the ArcSDE transactional version name as a parameter in the get request to an FME server process (automation or similar).  The client application an ArcGIS workflow manager step and it cannot make post requests.

I have gotten this to work using a single published workspace using a GET request to the trigger service passing in the version name like so:

protocol://<SERVER>/fmejobsubmitter/P1907/TRANS-VERSION-TEST.fmw?TRANSACTIONAL_VERSION=”owner.JOB_402”

But this only works to trigger a single job. 

I also attempted a webhook and manual trigger automation that runs multiple job in parallel but it seems that you can only trigger these types of automations using POST requests and the client doesn’t support this.

Are there any other options? Could I create a workbench that that acts as simple proxy and creates a post request to the manual trigger automation that executes the batch of jobs? 

Thanks,

Ali Wieckowicz

Hello @awieckowicz​ , thanks for your post!

In order to better help you troubleshoot this, can you please provide a screenshot of how you have the automation that worked set up, as well as some sample workspaces so that I can better see what you have going on?

Thank you!

Kate