Question

email notification when workbench is successful/failed

• 22 July 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
Hi,

Just a simple query to make things easy at the workplace.

I am working on Windows7 machine, 8Gb RAM, FME2015 x86  SP1. Sometimes, it takes hours for an FME workbench to run completely. I just want an email notification for the WB completetion(successful or failed) so as to run other process in the queue(internet connection available 24x7). Is that possible with FME.!!?

:)

Shivam.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi

You can do this from a shutdown script, check for fme.status == True to know whether the workspace failed or not.

More info here: http://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Workbench/FME_Workbench.htm#Configuration/FME_END_PYTHON.htm%3FTocPath%3DFME%2520Workbench%7CUser%2520Interface%2520Reference%7CWorkspace%2520Navigator%7CWorkspace%2520Parameters%7CStartup%2520and%2520Shutdown%2520Python%2520Scripts%2520%2520(Advanced)%7CFME_BEGIN_PYTHON%2520and%2520FME_END_PYTHON%7C_____2

An easier solution without any programming might to create a new workspace that calls your existing workspace using a WorkspaceRunner. You can then attach something like a Tweeter (built-in) or PythonEmailer (FME Store) transformer to send you a message according to how it went.

David
Badge +1
Hi David, Thanks for your suggestion.

So, I used SQLCreator,WSRunner and PythonEmailer. The error logged was...

Python Exception <gaierror>: [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed

Error encountered while calling function `email'

PythonFactory failed to process feature

I guess all other transformers have run successfully, but it has not executed the PythonEmailer. The parameters i used are as per below attached file...

Shivam.
Userlevel 5
Hi

Your server settings are wrong. Have a look here for details on how to connect to Google's SMTP servers: https://support.google.com/a/answer/176600?hl=en

David
Badge +1
Hey David. That was amazing. Did That. :) Thanks.