Question

Email IMAP trigger stopped working

• 21 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

We have an automation that has been running more than a month but now stopped working suddenly. It is supposed to read specific emails from the FME inbox. Yesterday it read the email just fine but today the email isn’t recognized and is still unread many hours later. I don’t see any difference between yesterdays email and todays email, they look the same to me. Other email-reading automations have run just fine after this one stopped working.

I have tried restarting the automation, resend the mail to the mailbox but nothing works. Anyone have any ideas?

2 replies

Badge +7

Hi @asablomberg, if it was running for more than a month, I would consider if anything has changed outside of FME. If you stop the Automation and validate the email trigger, is it successful? Are there any messages in the Automation’s trigger_imap.log file (Automation Menu > View Log Files)? What about just the imap.log file? It’s found under Resources/Logs/core/current/publishers. Perhaps try running a test Automation in Debug mode with just an IMAP trigger (no subject filter) and a logger and see if the Automation is triggered. If not, is there anything in the debug log?

Badge +6

Hi @asablomberg, if it was running for more than a month, I would consider if anything has changed outside of FME. If you stop the Automation and validate the email trigger, is it successful? Are there any messages in the Automation’s trigger_imap.log file (Automation Menu > View Log Files)? What about just the imap.log file? It’s found under Resources/Logs/core/current/publishers. Perhaps try running a test Automation in Debug mode with just an IMAP trigger (no subject filter) and a logger and see if the Automation is triggered. If not, is there anything in the debug log?

Thanks for all tips! I started looking at all the logs but then the Automation suddenly started working again, I don’t know why.