Question

Can not save an automation that includes a workspace that takes up published parameters.

• 17 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Run into a strange issue. We recently migrated our FME server (2022.0) from a Windows server 2012 R2 to 2019 a few days ago. Everything has been working fine until a couple of days ago when I found out I can not save changes to some automations or create a new one. They just hang at save. I narrowed down the issue is with the automations that have any workspaces that take parameters from the upper-stream workspaces, such as the upper-stream workspace name and job ID. I am attaching a simple test workspace that takes two published parameters. The workspace is added to a simple test automation. When I save this automation, it hangs. I am also attaching the screen shot of errors in the browser developer console. Note all migrated automations with this kind of workspaces have been working fine. I just can't make changes to any existing automations or creating a new automation that include this kind of workspaces.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @aguan​ 

Thank you for your post.

Can you please confirm the exact build of FME Flow you are using?

We did have this known issue - which sounds similar to what you are experiencing.

Kate

Badge +4

@katebrillinger​ It is FME Server 2022.0.0.1, Build 22339 - win64. It is on Windows Server 2019. We have no such issue on a different machine with the same FME version but on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Badge +4

@katebrillinger​ . We will apply the patch in the article next week. Hope it will fix this issue. Thanks.

Badge +4

@katebrillinger​ I applied the patch following the instructions. It fixed the issue. Thanks a lot.