Skip to main content

I want to execute a workspace in FME Server by an email that is Bcc'd to FME Server. However, I am worried that a Reply All from both internally or externally may trigger the workspace to be executed again. Any thoughts or suggestions on best practices to prevent this from occurring? Thank you in advance.

Are you sure this will be a problem? If FME Server is Bcc'd, then that email address won't be visible to the other receivers, and thus not included in any replies, forwards, etc.

Are you sure this will be a problem? If FME Server is Bcc'd, then that email address won't be visible to the other receivers, and thus not included in any replies, forwards, etc.

Valid point. I will have to thoroughly test.

I do not believe it used to be that way (don't know how far back Bcc's were still included) this was the concern of my management. However, you are right. As of now, by default (at least in Outlook as tested) Bcc'd recipients are not included on replies, reply all, forwards, etc.

I do not believe it used to be that way (don't know how far back Bcc's were still included) this was the concern of my management. However, you are right. As of now, by default (at least in Outlook as tested) Bcc'd recipients are not included on replies, reply all, forwards, etc.

For what it's worth, it's worked that way as long as I've been online, which is about since 1992 🙂