Question

Send bulk emails from a csv:

• 11 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

I want to send ~150 users a stock email. No data translation in this one, I just want to read a list and send the email. (also a attachment, with a file that matches mostly matches their email addy but one thing at at time). 

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

The Emailer will do that :)

Badge +6

Right, I found that and configured it (possibly correctly). The reader would be the CSV file, but what do i do for the writer end? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Right, I found that and configured it (possibly correctly). The reader would be the CSV file, but what do i do for the writer end? 

There is no writer. Once the Emailer is done, your workspace is pretty much done, unless you want logging or something like that.

Userlevel 5

Just be careful about sending large amounts of mails to a lot of external recipients, as it could trigger anti-spam mechanisms and, worst case, it could end up automatically blacklisting either your SMTP server or your domain.

If you’re sending out newsletters or similar, it might be better to pay for a dedicated service.

Badge +6

220 users all inside my organization, should be fine, I hope! Thanks!! 

Badge +6

Got it thanks all! 

Next up I need to match file attachments to people names. So john.doe@someemal gets  an attacment johh.doe.somestring.pdf.   Likely some python, next weeks task! thanks again.