Solved

Read from WMTS based on bounding box.

• 20 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

What I try to do is to download a raster from a WMTS to use it as a background image for a report. I do not want to download the entire service, only a part to use as background. The result I get is only working on very zoomed out tile matrices, like 04, where the resolution is not useful:

On deeper levels the FeatureReader is downloading a lot of tiles, which takes a very long time.

The WMTS I use is a Dutch one, in epsg:28992. I wonder if I am doing something wrong, or this is never developed / tested for this coordinate system?

The point is on 147513.92, 523126.09.

The WMTS is https://service.pdok.nl/hwh/luchtfotorgb/wmts/v1_0?

The Layer is Actueel_orthoHR

Attached the 2023 workspace.

icon

Best answer by becchr 20 March 2024, 16:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

hi @nielsgerrits not sure if this completely is what you want, but if I add a boundsextractor after your bufferer, I can use these bbox in the ‘Tile Selection Options’:

Setting the resolution to 13 for example, it only gets the tile you’re interested in:

Userlevel 5
Badge +36

@becchr just beat me to the answer 😀

It looks like the spatial filter you set is completely ignored when reading WMTS.

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

hi @nielsgerrits not sure if this completely is what you want, but if I add a boundsextractor after your bufferer, I can use these bbox in the ‘Tile Selection Options’:

Setting the resolution to 13 for example, it only gets the tile you’re interested in:

Thanks Christophe, should have looked harder. I assumed the bounding box stuff was handeled by the default setting in the FeatureReader and did not look further. :-/

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

@becchr just beat me to the answer 😀

It looks like the spatial filter you set is completely ignored when reading WMTS.

This is exactly the case. Thanks for looking into it!