Skip to main content
Solved

WIndows Authentication on FME Server 2017

• 3 March 2017
  • 5 replies

Hi

I'm having trouble using connections to SQL Server since upgrading FME server to 2017. I'd like to use windows authentication, and got this working on 2016.1 by changing the account that one of the FME services ran as (using a service account), and giving that service account access to my database. I've tried this in 2017 and it doesn't seem to work - it stops various parts of FME Server from working properly

Also I can't seem to find any documentation for FME Server 2017. Is there any?

Thanks

Adam

Hi @adamsjhoskins,

I usually get to the documentation via the help menu directly from within fme server.

The following link is for all the available documentation:

https://support.safe.com/KnowledgeDocumentation

Thanks, it seems the documentation on SAFE's website isn't completely up to date - e.g. the bit on using Active Directory authentication still refers to configuration file settings that aren't in the new version. The built in documentation seems ok though so thanks for that.

I got the connection working by giving the service account full access to the FME server directories and setting the FME Engine service to log on as the service account

Thanks, it seems the documentation on SAFE's website isn't completely up to date - e.g. the bit on using Active Directory authentication still refers to configuration file settings that aren't in the new version. The built in documentation seems ok though so thanks for that.

I got the connection working by giving the service account full access to the FME server directories and setting the FME Engine service to log on as the service account

Well since 2017 just got released I guess they still have to update the online documentation, luckily the local is up to date and available with a touch of a button ;)

Sorry about the confusion. The FME Server 2017.0 doc is now live.

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/WebUI/Create-AD-Server-Connection.htm?Highlight=sso

Nice one, cheers