Skip to main content
Question

I want to install FME Server 2021.2.2 on CentOS 7.9 offline but I have an error with postgresql11-server

• 18 January 2022
  • 1 reply

I want to install FME Server 2021.2.2 on CentOS 7.9 offline.

When I run the installer, after answering all the questions and waiting 5 minutes, i get an error saying : "no package postgresql11-server available".

I tried to install the rpm of postgresql11-server, postgresql11 and postgresql11-lib but now i have a second error, more instantany, saying "Postgres is already installed on this system. If you would like to use the existing Postgres with FME Server, see https://docs.safe.com/fme2021.2/html/FME_Server_Documentation/AdminGuide/Configure-FME-Server-Database-on-Separate_Server-2-Tier.htm

Otherwise please uninstall postgres and rerun this installation".

Could you please help me to resolve this problem ?

Hi @thib_petiet​ ,

Sorry you had this issue. I ran a test and it looked like we point to the correct repository in 2021.2.2. Would you be able to create a case and provide us with the log file from the installation? Would you also know of any restrictions preventing you from reaching the Postgres repository regardless if Postgres is installed? Unfortunately if using the express installation the installer will error on the repository if it cant find it. The alternative solution would be to download the Postgres and then do a distributed installation. Lastly I would like to mention that in 2022 the Postgres included in the installer so there shouldn't be these issues with reaching out to a repository.