Solved

How can I manage single fixed licence codes?

• 14 September 2023
  • 4 replies

I managed a few users for my work and we have a few fixed licence codes under our EULA. Some of these have been reused and to test this process I activated two under my own install of 2022.2. I now have two codes listed under my install and I don't really need either, and there seems to be no way of removing them. I have followed other posts about location the directory where these are stored but there are no files located.

How are these managed? I can see they are re-usable but do they get automatically get removed from the previous machine? Should I uninstall before these get activated elsewhere?

Many thanks for any help

icon

Best answer by david_r 14 September 2023, 15:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Not sure what directories you looked under, but did you delete the contents here?

C:\ProgramData\Safe Software\FME\Licenses

I don't have that directory. I looked in:

C:\\Program Files\\FME\\licenses - empty

C:\\Users\\myname\\Documents\\FME\\Licenses - empty

Userlevel 5

I don't have that directory. I looked in:

C:\\Program Files\\FME\\licenses - empty

C:\\Users\\myname\\Documents\\FME\\Licenses - empty

Note that C:\\ProgramData is a hidden directory. Try enabling hidden folders in the File Explorer, or just copy-pasting the path into the Explorer.

Note that C:\\ProgramData is a hidden directory. Try enabling hidden folders in the File Explorer, or just copy-pasting the path into the Explorer.

Ah yes! I switched on hidden folders to check AppData, can't believe I didn't know that. Yes I see the licences in there and can remove them. Seems a bit odd this can't be done in licence manager but its done now. Thanks.