Skip to main content
Question

FME server secure Active Directory connection error

• 5 August 2020
  • 1 reply

I get this error:

(Active Directory) Exception: "An error occurred while attempting to connect to xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:636: IOException(LDAPException(resultCode=91 (connect error), errorMessage='An error occurred while attempting to establish a connection to server xxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx:636: SSLHandshakeException(sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target), ldapSDKVersion=4.0.14, revision=c0fb784eebf9d36a67c736d0428fb3577f2e25bb'))"

I followed instuctions, googled, watched video's but still no solution and struggling.

• port 636 is open to communicate over SSL with LDAP
  • certificate is installed in java keystore and added to cearts
  • port 389 unscure is working in FME server with AD

No valid certification?

With program keystore explorer everything looks fine

But I am not expert in certification.

Requested target?

This should be FMEServer\\Utilities\\jre\\lib\\security\\cacerts? because I noticed that there's also another path \\Server\\fme\\jre\\lib\\security 

not that's working.

I also checked and configured some related xml-files

Any Ideas?

Hi @adejong​ ,

FMEServer\\Utilities\\jre\\lib\\security\\cacerts is the correct place. You may have to add both the Root and Issuing Certificate to the cacerts file. If you have already done that feel free to make a case and ourselves or our partners can help with some more hands on help.

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/AdminGuide/Import_CA_Certificate_for_SSL_Connections.htm