Skip to main content

I am trying to install FME Desktop. And I am getting a which reads, "The cabinet file cab7.cab required for the installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading the cD-ROM or a problem with the package". Could anybody please help me on this?

Hi @pbtvignesh,

Sorry to hear that you've run into this issue with your install. Would you be able to try reinstalling FME Desktop to see if that may resolve the issue? There's an article here that might be helpful for that.

I can't say I've seen that error message before, but of one very similar case in the past, reinstalling seems to have solved the issue for them, so please give that a try and let me know if it works for you.

- Jovita

Hi @pbtvignesh,

Sorry to hear that you've run into this issue with your install. Would you be able to try reinstalling FME Desktop to see if that may resolve the issue? There's an article here that might be helpful for that.

I can't say I've seen that error message before, but of one very similar case in the past, reinstalling seems to have solved the issue for them, so please give that a try and let me know if it works for you.

- Jovita

In addition to what @jovitaatsafe said I would also recommend downloading the installer again, in case the download file has gotten corrupted somehow. It hasn't happened to me in a long time but there have been cases in the past where an installer got corrupted during the download.