Skip to main content

After upgrading a Schemamapper transformer from FME 2016 to FME 2018, I get an Connection error from within the Schemamapper (pointing to an Access database) : "Connection does not exist", even though nothing has changed. It is an upgrade problem cause any workflow with that Schemamapper in FME 2016 works without problem The same workflow opened in FME 2018 desktop has a red settings button and the abovementioned error. What to do?

1. Upgrade the transformer by right click (upgrade)

If it still does not work, delete and insert a new Schemamapper

@pimververgmail Did upgrading the SchemaMapper transformer help? If not, could you attach your workspace and schema spreadsheet (or send to me at mark at safe.com)

@pimververgmail Did upgrading the SchemaMapper transformer help? If not, could you attach your workspace and schema spreadsheet (or send to me at mark at safe.com)

I must be exact in what I say the problem is. The Schemamapper is listed under the Incomplete transformers, not the Upgradable transformers. Right-clicking doesn't give me the option of upgrading nor 'make complete'.

The solution I found was by clicking on the downward triangle on the right of the Dataset field provided me to make a named database connection (which points offcourse to the Access database) . If you copy that connection to FME server, it works.

Can you confirm that in FME 2016 you don't need a named database connection and in FME 2018 you do need one in order for it to work on FME Server?

I must be exact in what I say the problem is. The Schemamapper is listed under the Incomplete transformers, not the Upgradable transformers. Right-clicking doesn't give me the option of upgrading nor 'make complete'.

The solution I found was by clicking on the downward triangle on the right of the Dataset field provided me to make a named database connection (which points offcourse to the Access database) . If you copy that connection to FME server, it works.

Can you confirm that in FME 2016 you don't need a named database connection and in FME 2018 you do need one in order for it to work on FME Server?

@pimververgmail In most cases you have the option to Embed Connection Parameters, so you should have the choice between uploading the connection or uploading the workspace with embedded parameters: