Skip to main content

How to configure HTTPS and add CA issued SSL certificate to docker containers of FME Server 2018?

Is there a better option than configuring manually and adding persistent volumes for changed folders?

Hi @andrey,

with the currently available containers, tomcat configuration files would need to be changed and persisted, which is a challenge if you already noticed.

I talked to the developers and we expect to release new FME Server for Docker containers shortly after the official 2018.1 release which will come with HTTPS configuration by default. So I would recommend waiting for these new containers as it will not only be way easier to implement but you will also have a deployment configured for SSL that has been thoroughly tested by us.

We will post an update here once they are available.

UPDATE:

A Docker Compose deployment using our new containers for 2018.1 including a NGINX container as reverse proxy with default SSL configuration is now available:

FME Server for Docker

Here is also some public documentation regarding the new deployment options.

Please let us know if you have any comments or questions!

Hi @andrey,

with the currently available containers, tomcat configuration files would need to be changed and persisted, which is a challenge if you already noticed.

I talked to the developers and we expect to release new FME Server for Docker containers shortly after the official 2018.1 release which will come with HTTPS configuration by default. So I would recommend waiting for these new containers as it will not only be way easier to implement but you will also have a deployment configured for SSL that has been thoroughly tested by us.

We will post an update here once they are available.

UPDATE:

A Docker Compose deployment using our new containers for 2018.1 including a NGINX container as reverse proxy with default SSL configuration is now available:

FME Server for Docker

Here is also some public documentation regarding the new deployment options.

Please let us know if you have any comments or questions!

Thanks @GerhardAtSafe! When the new release is expected?

Thanks @GerhardAtSafe! When the new release is expected?

The new containers with 2018.1 should be available within 4 - 6 weeks.

It looks like the 2018.1 container bits our out. Is there any documentation on how to set that up?

Looks like 2018.1 bits are out, is there any documentation on how to configure this?

Looks like 2018.1 bits are out, is there any documentation on how to configure this?

@tburke_gcpud We are about to release a container deployment for 2018.1 that comes with a nginx container and a self-signed certificate. Our current docker-compose files available via https://www.safe.com/downloads do not contain these new features yet. We apologize for the delay. There will also be documentation available on how to set this up. I will update this post with both links as soon as they are available!