Skip to main content
I am using Workbench 2012, SP3.

I am trying to create a tool, that writes to an AutoCAD DWG file.

I have exposed several formatting attributes and can write to them successfully (autocad_color for instance). However, when I set the value for autocad_lineweight, it is largely ignored.

If I set the value to say 6, 25 or even 199 it is not populated on the output. However, if I set the value to 200, then it is populated. Is there are a set of allowable values?

From the fme definition of this attribute it says that the value is in hundredths of a millimetre.

Regards,

Mark
Hi Mark,

looking at the documentation, it does indeed seem like there is a range of valid values that can be used:

The lineweight of the AutoCAD entity in hundredths of a millimeter. To set a lineweight of 0.05 mm in AutoCAD, set the attribute value to 5 (you can think of this as the size of the pen used to draw lines).

Range: 0, 5, 9, 13, 15, 18, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 50, 53, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 106, 120, 140, 158, 200, 211, -1 (by layer), -2 (by block), -3 (default)

Default: -3 (Default)

David
Thanks for that David.

I was hunting for 'autocad_lineweight' and so missed 'autocad_layer_lineweight'. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards,

Mark