Skip to main content
Hi FME-ers,

I am experiencing an issue with the following:

I have two identical tables in MSSQL Server 2008 (one table copied from the other).

When I use the FME MSSQL Server writer to copy data from one table to the other, I get the warning:

SQL Server Writer: Attribute ‘FIELDNAME1’ of feature type “TABLE1’ has specified type ‘nvarchar(10)’, but existing database table field has type ‘nchar(20)’.  Information may be lost during conversion.

The field type is in fact nvarchar(10) in both the source and destination tables.  Any ideas why this warning occurs?  These warning messages are only occurring where there are nchar and nvarchar field types in the table. I have two identical tables in MSSQL Server 2008 (one table copied from the other).

any ideas?
Hi,

it might be that the destination feature type definition in FME differs from the table definition in MSSQL. If you haven't done so already, I recommend that you delete the output feature type and import it from the destination table.

You will find the option to do this under Writer / Import feature type.

That is the best way to ensure that your output feature types in FME matches an existing schema defintion on the target side.

If the error persists, it would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of the output feature type defintion as well as the table defintion in MSSQL.

David