Question

Problem with ListExploder with Version FME Desktop 2024.0 (build 24187)

• 7 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Hi,

Have a workbench that I have been using for a while in previous version (2023).

This is to convert data with attachments from ArcGIS online to a FGDB.

I use a ListExploder for this, I don't get an error message but also no objects.

When I use the workbench again in the old version, everything works fine again.

The problem occurs when a space is used in the naming of the layer and/or feature class.

Does anyone know about this problem? Any solution would be helpful.

Gerard

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

Could well be a bug. Have you tried recreating that part of the process in a fresh 2024 workbench?

Either way, worth opening a support case as it could be a bug that can be patched in a subsequent release

Badge +6

Hi, I have indeed tested with a clean workbench in both the 2023 and the 2024 versions.

What struck me is that there is already a difference in the ArcGIS online reader.

In the 2024 version a " " is placed in the fields, possibly that is already the cause?

Version 2023 ArcGIS online reader.

Version 2024 ArcGIS online reader.

Gerard

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

I wouldn’t worry too much about the double quotes, possible that the reader is a newer version in 2024

Badge +6

If the " " are there, the reader does not work.

If I remove the " " itself, the ListExploder doesn't work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +29

How do you mean the ListExploder doesn’t work? In inspector, is there a list attribute? (possible unexposed?)

Badge +6

Hi,

If you remove the " " in the AGO Feature Reader, the objects will be read, if you then start the ListExploder no objects will be loaded, there will be no error message.