Skip to main content

I am reading the polygon and Lines dataset in FME. I need to select lines that are intersecting a polygon and populate the polygon name in Lines. I have used tester after feature to filter one polygon and select intersecting lines using a spatial filter. Is there a way to loop through a polygon feature and select one polygon at a time in FME, Instead of entering the Polygon name in a tester every time.

What is the function of the tester here? Why can't you send all polygons to the filter port?

What is the function of the tester here? Why can't you send all polygons to the filter port?

tester is reading one polygon at a time, here is a screenshot below:

I need to select one polygon from a polygon layer to select line features. is there a way that I can send each polygon into a separate port from where I can connect spatial filter to select lines from each polygon

If you want to find lines that interact with each polygon you can use a spatial relator, build a list and then explode the list. There is no reason to do the spatial comparison polygon by polygon.

If you want to find lines that interact with each polygon you can use a spatial relator, build a list and then explode the list. There is no reason to do the spatial comparison polygon by polygon.

I have used Spatial Realtor, but I see some lines that lie within the polygon have not been selected. Below is an outputimageimage 

I have used Spatial Realtor, but I see some lines that lie within the polygon have not been selected. Below is an outputimageimage 

@ebygomm​ When I try to select intersecting lines from overlapping polygons, Spatial Realtor does not give me the results I am looking for. Here is an example:imageRather than populating the Highlands-CCD attributes, it populates the name of the bigger polygon from which the small polygon overlaps.