Question

How to classify the skp model based on their Name or layer name?

• 17 January 2013
  • 3 replies

i have a skp file, contains four model,as shown blow

i have give each of them a name, and set to different layer,as shown below

i want to classify them based on their name or sketchuo_layer_name

anyone knows how to do that?

thanks  for the help...

3 replies

Badge +14
In FME Workbench consider using an AttributeExposer to expose the required attribute like the 'sketchup_layer_name', then add an AttributeValueMapper and enter your possible values and the Classification you want them to map to. For example:

Source Attribute = sketchup_layer_name

New Attribute Name = _classifcation

ValueMappings:-

Layer0=High

Layer1=High

Layer2=Medium

Layer3=Low

Layer4=Low

Layer5=Low

Layer6=Low

Alternatively if your classifcations are more complex consider looking into the SchemaMapper.
Dave, thanks very much.

i'm not familiar with the function you mentioned

i do my best to make the work flow

and it still don't work well,

can you tell me what's wrong with my workflow ?

does't the parameters right?

blow is the link of my data:http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=240310&uk=722271433

i just want to transfor it from skp to gdb/multipatch

base on the name, it should have two record, base on the layer name,it also two, but i only get one.
Userlevel 3
Badge +17
Zao!   I assume you are trying to transform one aggregate feature containing different two geometry types - named "Box" and "Circle" - into two aggregate features grouped by the type name. If so, just a combination of Deaggregator and Aggregator might be helpful.   Reader (skp) --> Deaggregator Mode: Flatten One Level Geometry Name Attribute: _geometry_name --> Aggregator Group by: _geometry_name --> Writer (gdb multipatch)   Deaggregator saves the type name of deaggregated part as "_geometry_name", so you can group the parts by this attribute value.