Skip to main content
Good evening.

I have created the below global temporary table on our development schema, and within the FME workbench, I am trying to create an ARCSde reader that will use this table.   

CREATE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE myglobal(

IGEOM              ST_GEOMETRY,

HU100                   NUMBER,

POP100                  NUMBER,

POPPEP                  NUMBER

) ON COMMIT PRESERVE ROWS;

When I attempt to create the reader, I receive the below error message:

An error occurred while attempting to open the table, feature class or relationship class 'myglobal'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147155648'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {Abstract Data Types not supported 4myglobal]3STATE_ID = 24]}

I tried creating the table with the ST_GEOMETRY column and then creating a reader to access the table within the FME workbench and there were no issues.  Is there something special I need to do to work with ST_GEOMETRY?  I'm encountering a lot of issues using that type, whereas I encountered none when using SDO_GEOMETRY.

Thanks very much.

Joe

Correting a type:

I tried creating the table without the ST_GEOMETRY column and then creating a reader to access the table within the FME workbench and there were no issues.
(I can't type too well this afternoon :))

Correcting a typo:

Hi Joe,

A couple of questions: Both of the above needs to be in place before the ArcObjects-based reader will be able to access the data.

Hope this helps.

David
Ah, thanks David--I knew there was something basic I was missing!  I'm brand new to ST_GEOMETRY and so didn't know the table had to be registered.  Unfortunately our office is closed today because of snow, but tomorrow I will try this and see if I can view the table using ArcCatalog.

Thank you!

Joe