Question

FeatureReader Expose Attributes - User Parameters

• 22 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi All,

I’m working on a workbench to help my team with some geoprocessing. The plan is to upload the workbench to FME Flow therefore my team can run it on demand. I have included a FeatureReader at the start of the workflow to select a GDB containing Polygon data then I was able customise the tool to with a User parameter read the GDB and give the user the option to select the feature layer. That works fine.

The challenge now is that I would need to provide the user with the option to select the relevant fields based on the Generic port, How can I set up the User Parameters to allow the user to select the relevant fields to include in the analysis? Here are some screenshots of the feature reader as well as the Parameter Preview:

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

It is not possible to change the input of parameters based on the dataset.

So you could make it a text input and make your users type in without errors or make your users create a dataset that contains predefined features and attributes that will be used in the process.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Thanks @jkr_wrk The potential users are non-FME or GIS users so wanted to make to tool as simple as possible. I’d need to rethink the tool then but there’s a chance that the polygon data comes from different users/ sources therefore won’t be consistent….that’s why I wanted to give the user that flexibility.

It’s a shame isn’t possible to customise the user parameters based on the dataset