Solved

Customize the FME Server Web User Interface

• 18 February 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I have seen this post concerning the customization of the FME Server Web Interface:

https://knowledge.safe.com/content/idea/42274/customize-the-fme-server-web-user-interface.html

In 2018.1: is there a workaround for changing the color of the "FME Server menu"? Can we modify a css file? Or ??

Thank you

icon

Best answer by lo 21 February 2019, 16:06

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

For FME Server the files should be accessible so yes, you should be able to edit those. I would strongly recommend trying this in a test environment first, just in case.

Another thing to consider, which may be easier than completely overhauling the standard interface, is see if you can build your own and use the REST API. I guess it kinda depends on why you want to do this.

Badge +2

For FME Server the files should be accessible so yes, you should be able to edit those. I would strongly recommend trying this in a test environment first, just in case.

Another thing to consider, which may be easier than completely overhauling the standard interface, is see if you can build your own and use the REST API. I guess it kinda depends on why you want to do this.

Hi @redgeographics,

Thank you for your reply. I would like to change the color based on the environnement (test, prod).

I tried to modify some css files but nothing happened. So if someone knows which file has to be modified, it would be cool!

Badge +14

@lau looks like if you change the .sidebar background-color https://FMEURL.COM/fmeserver/sass/components/sidebar/_sidebar.scss It DOES look like they are variables... Forgot about light and dark modes :P

Badge +2

Hi @redgeographics,

Thank you for your reply. I would like to change the color based on the environnement (test, prod).

I tried to modify some css files but nothing happened. So if someone knows which file has to be modified, it would be cool!

Hi @lau

You'll need to find in dev tools exactly which bit you want to replace, but you could try editing the safe-software-app-<build#>min.css file. Unfortunately it's minified so it won't be the easiest task.

Nice!!

Thank you @jlutherthomas!

For those who are interested:

1/ Open the file: <%FMEServerDir%>\\Utilities\\tomcat\\webapps\\fmeserver\\styles\\safe-software-app.<%yourFMERelease%>.min.css

2/ Search for ".sidebar{background-color:"

3/ Replace the color.

4/ Connect to the Web Interface and look at the result ! (Pay attention to your web browser cache)

Badge +3

Hi @redgeographics,

Hi @jlutherthomas​ 

Is there an easy way to customize the FME Server User Interface in a Kubernetes deployment on a cloud service?

Badge +2

Hi @redgeographics,

@marnickcle​ Unfortunately not. This is more of a hack than something that's properly supported. If someone needed an easy way to differnetiate between dev/test/prod when they're logged in I would recommend using Broadcast Messages and say something like "This is the test server".

Use the Broadcast Messages page to post messages to your users. For example, a broadcast message is a good way to notify users about times when FME Server will be unavailable due to system maintenance. Messages appear in a banner at the top of the Home page.

Badge +14

Hi @redgeographics,

You can do this on a user level, but only for 2 environments... Just use light/dark mode.